Up until a few years ago you had 2 options if you wanted a full-body infrared treatment:
- Rob a bank
- Empty your savings account.
With every session costing from 30$ to 100$, who can afford it on a regular basis?
And if you wanted to buy your own infrared sauna, you had (and you still do) to fork up thousands of dollars.
But thankfully, in 2015 you can get the same remarkable benefits of infrared therapy through your very own far infrared sauna blanket and use it when ever you want to – For a fraction of the cost.
But Wait…Are Infrared Sauna Blankets SAFE?
Did you know?
In hospital baby care units, incubators are often equipped with infrared heating systems to keep new-born babies warm.
Infrared Sauna Therapy has also been used as a part of the detoxification therapy for Police Officers in Utah suffering from Chemical Exposures during their law enforcement activity. (Source)
Basically, FIR heat provides all the healthy benefits of natural sunlight without any of the dangerous effects of solar radiation.
Infrared light is part of the Sun’s invisible spectrum and is simply a form of energy that is directly transmitted onto objects because of its specific wavelength.
It has nothing to do with ultraviolet light which gives you sunburn and damages your skin.
Unlike the conventional electric heating pads, infrared heat warms your body via healthy warm carbon fiber. This allows an in-depth heat in a more pleasant temperature, thus providing more health benefits and a highly enjoyable and comfortable environment.
Contradictions – Generally speaking, do not start using a portable infrared sauna before you check with your doctor for contradictions. Do not use if you are pregnant.
How Does It Feel to Use it?
Far infrared heat (compared to conventional dry heat sauna) feels hot but not too hot, the sweating is more profuse, recovery time is shorter, and the feel-good benefits are immediate.
Far Infrared Sauna Blankets Benefits
Here’s what happens to your body when you use an FIR sauna blanket:
While you enjoy the warm infrared rays, your body temperature rises, you start sweating and blood circulation increases.
All your organs are stimulated and toxic waste (fat, heavy metals etc) is eliminated from your body through perspiration.
Far infrared rays easily penetrate your body all the way to your bones and create a natural resonance, which has astonishing health benefits:
1. Drug-free pain relief – Muscle, joint and bone pain, including pain from Fibromyalgia, arthritis, sport injuries, back injuries, muscle spasms, any kind of pain basically.
2. Full body detoxification – Toxins are removed through perspiration.
3. Weight Loss (and reducing cellulite) – Infrared sauna blankets help you burn hundreds of calories without moving a muscle.
As for cellulite (which is a gel-like substance made up of fat, water and wastes – trapped in pockets below the skin), far-infrared heat treatments can help, as profuse sweating helps clear this form of unwanted debris from your body.
The radiant heat of the far-infrared sauna blanket warms three times more deeply than conventional saunas, combined with up to 10 times the level of heating in these tissues, it is significantly more effective at reducing cellulite.
4. Reducing Inflammation – Infrared rays boost your blood circulation, bringing more nutrient-filled blood to inflammation areas and speeding up healing.
At the same time your body is getting rid of toxins through sweating, and that enables your body to better fight inflammation.
5. Heart Health – Infrared therapy increases your heart rate and gives your heart a good “work out”. A number of studies in Japan have proven the benefits (and safety) of infrared therapy for cardiovascular health.
“Regular use of a sauna may impact a similar stress on the cardiovascular system as running, and its regular use may be as effective [at] burning calories.”(From the Journal of the American Medical Association).
6. Youthful Glowing Skin – Infrared heat improves circulation, expels dirt and chemicals and removes dead cells on the surface of the skin. All of these benefits are scientifically proven to get you a softer and firmer complexion.
It improves tone, elasticity, texture and fresh color of the skin.
Infrared rays are also helpful for wound healing, eczema, acne, psoriasis, and are proven to reduce all types of scars.
7. Stress Relief – Probably the most immediate effect of a FIR healing treatment that you’ll notice is immense relaxation. You can read, watch TV, listen to music or meditate in the comfortable warmth while the stress of life melts away and leaves you feeling rejuvenated and energized.
The Top 2 Infrared Sauna Blankets
Here are the 2 best far infrared sauna blankets in the market, reviewed:
1. Therasage Ps2002 Portable Far Infrared Sauna
* The Therasage infrared blanket is 42 x 33 x 7 inches; 28 pounds. If you’re tall, you may feel a little cramped, but it will still be usable.
* It includes ion therapy, which is a great bonus.
* It doesn’t use too much electricity and it doesn’t smell.
* Set up is easy, storage too. It takes about 2 minutes to set it up or take down and it comes in a carrying case and folds up nice & neatly
* Has 5 heating settings. Has 4 carbon heaters.
* Has zipper pockets which are great for the remotes
* Includes a chair, but is most comfortable used as a blanket, while reading a book, watching TV or just relaxing.
* Customer service – Thersage has an US office and customer service is helpful and fast, if you need it.
Here’s a great review for the Therasage Blanket, plus an EMF test, check it out:
* Price – Check out Amazon’s price today HERE. I would advise you to always order from Amazon, due to its reliable customer service and return policies.
- Can be folded, portable
- Includes negative ions
- Low electricity usage
- Easy set-up and storage
- Includes a chair
- No EMF radiation (important!)
- Good customer service
2. Far Infrared Sauna Blanket with 3 Zone Digital Controller
This sauna blanket, which is about 400$ less than the Therasage, is 36 x 2 x 76 inches ; 27 pounds.
* One of the best features in the 3 Zone Digital Controller is the fact that it has 3 separate channels for different heat settings and times.
You can set a different heat level for each third of your body (from 77-167F), and time settings range from 5-60 minutes (though it’s not recommended to use it for more than 20-30 minutes each time!)
* The blanket is easy to set up and quick to adjust the three zone heat settings. Super easy to unplug and store away in a closet.
* Customer service is available and helpful.
* It does have some chemical odor and it seems to not heat evenly, there are cold spots, especially on the edges.
* Price – Check out Amazon price today.
If you were my friend and asked for my opinion about these 2 infrared blankets, I would tell you that The Therasage blanket is superior to the 3-zone controller by far.
It costs about 300$ more.
Although it’s pricy, a high quality infrared blanket can change your life and your health in a way that nothing else you’re tried before did. It’s worth every penny.
Far Infrared Heat Therapy has been shown to work on people of all backgrounds. The range of benefits can be felt regardless of skin type, physical disabilities or limitations, and athletic condition.
Now go and sweat off your pounds, your toxins and your stress.
To your health & happiness,
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.