For some peculiar reason, the Light Relief Infrared Device is one of the most popular infrared pain relievers to this day.
I say “peculiar” because when it comes to infrared pain relievers, Light Relief doesn’t seem to have any noticeable pain relieving qualities over other its competitors, such as the DPL light therapy system or an infrared heating pad.
Is it the relatively low price?
Is it the small size and portability?
Is it just because it has a TV commercial?
Find out now in this Light Relief review (and comparison with other infrared pain relievers).
Light Relief Review – Does it Work?
The Light Relief device, just like any other infrared pain relief device, applies heat through infrared waves, which is capable to penetrate deep into your body – All the way to your bones.
The result is deep heating of the painful area (without danger of burning), which leads to expansion of blood vessels, boosted circulation and the speedy arrival of oxygen and nutrient rich blood to the problem area.
This results in many cases in fast and sometimes immediate pain relief (from any kind of muscle, joint, nerve and inflammation-related pain) – Without medication.
If you’ll go through the hundreds of Amazon buyers’ ratings, you’ll find that most claim that Light Relief Infrared Pain Therapy Device is definitely working for them.
But, there are also a few complaints about the quality of Light Relief and questions are raised as to whether Light Relief is a good choice.
Here’s the good stuff and not-so-good stuff about Light Relief:
Light Relief Review – The Good Stuff
1. As I’ve written above, most Light Relief buyers are satisfied with the pain relieving effect of Light Relief.
People report amazing things, such as complete cure of chronic inflammation, knee pain, muscle, nerve and bone injuries, arthritis, neuropathy and any type of pain you can imagine.
2. The device has four frequency settings, which is very convenient and allows you to start treatment gradually and see what works for you.
3. You can choose from using only the light or add “regular” heat as well.
4. The device has a hand strap which prevents you from accidentally dropping it on the floor and breaking it.
5. The device comes with a travel bag, two body straps and more importantly the A/C adapter.
6. It is nice that the pad detaches so that it can be placed in odd places like the crook of your neck, for example.
Light Relief – The Not So Good Stuff
1. Since this is a hand-held device, it can be uncomfortable for some people to hold it up against the painful area for 15-20 minutes every day.
2. As opposed to larger infrared pain relievers (like the DPL system for example), this device can only cover relatively small areas. If you have pain in larger areas, such as your lower back, legs etc – This device will not suffice.
3. The pad is made from hard plastic and only comfortable on relatively flat surfaces of your body. If you need it for wrist pain, for example, an infrared heating pad, which can bend and be wrapped around areas in your body, will be a better choice for you.
4. More than a few people have complained about the device breaking down or just “dying” after a short period of time. This can be prevented if you buy it on Amazon, with its amazing customer service and return policies.
Light Relief Compared with DPL Light Therapy & Therasage Infrared Heating Pad
1. The DPL system is a table top device made from 2 panels of red & infrared emitting bulbs, which can be easily removed and strapped around any part of your body.
It also comes with a stand so you can choose to sit comfortably while treating yourself with the healing light.
The 2 panels together cover about twice the size the Light Relief can cover. You can lie on it to relieve lower back pain or neck pain, and you can strap it around the front and back of your knees or elbows at the same time.
2. The Therasage infrared heating pad, which comes in 3 sizes – Small, Medium and Large (which is actually a portable infrared sauna!) is in my opinion the best option when it comes to infrared heating devices.
The infrared heating pad is soft, flexible and can be conveniently wrapped around any part of your body.
You can fold it and easily take it with you to work or to travel. It has all the advantages of Light Relief and the DPL system together. But that’s just my opinion.
But, if you are looking for the lowest price between these three, than Light Relief is the one.
Right now, Amazon offers a good discount on Light Relief right now.
You can see Amazon’s price for the DPL Light Therapy system here.
And now go and light your way to a pain-free life.
To your health & happiness,
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.