If you are like me, getting up early in the morning to the sound of the beep!!!! beep!!! beep!!! an alarm clock can really destroy the rest of your day.
The Philips Wake Up Light offers an alternative: From half an hour before your wake up time, the device starts emitting a gentle light, gradually increasing in intensity, just as if the sun is rising in your bedroom.
You can also program the device to make cheerful birds chirping, ocean waves and even hilarious cows (I wake up laughing every time). No doubt this gadget will completely change your waking-up experience, but is it worth the cost?
Philips Wake up Light Review
- Gradual light prepares your body to wake up
- Emits halogen light
- Choice of fm radio or 2 natural and pleasant wake-up sounds
- Safe to use and UV-free
The Good Stuff
1. It’s really the most gentle and effective way to wake up in the morning. The gradual light can also be helpful for people with circadian sleep disorders as it mimics natural sunrise.
2. The added sound effects are peaceful and relaxing, they make you smile when you wake up, instead of grumpy and irritated.
3. The design is modern, it’s easy to use and you don’t really need the manual. The buttons on the display make navigation super easy.
4. Good value for the price ( on Amazon – Best price).
The Not so Good Stuff
1. Limited to one color – white
2. Lacks a remote control
3. The basic unit has 2 wake up sounds, if you want more you have to get the Philips Wake Up Light PLUS, which offers a choice of fm radio, 4 natural wake-up sounds, or your own music files via USB port. This one costs 149$
4. Some would say that the device is a little large.
This is the most gentle and effective way to wake up. I used to hate battling the annoying snooze button on my alarm clock, turning on the light and walking around scrunched eyes and grumpy.
After purchasing the Philips Dawn Simulator, I get up calm (after the light wakes me up gently I wait a few seconds to listen to$$ the birds chirping) and relaxed or laughing out loud (listening to the funny cows.
The device is easy to use and I didn’t need to read the manual. The design is modern, though it’s a pretty large device. I guess it has to be to emit enough light in the room. It’s worth every penny (The best price is on Amazon right now – Check it out here).
By the way, Philips Wakeup Light is not the only quality light therapy alarm clock out there, check out my review for the top 3 dawn simulators to find out more.
To your health and happiness,
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.